The revealing of coronavirus facts explained why we should all remain calm until the end of the pandemic:
- The estimates of death rate range from 2% to 7%. However, 3.4% is most likely to be accurate as that is the evaluation of WOH(worlds health organization). Here you can follow the statistics regarding pandemics.
- A strong immune system can prevent you from getting infected. Panic and fear cause stress which is the biggest enemy of the organism’s defense mechanisms. Calm: Educate your-self in the art of remaining calm, and learn how to defend yourself from panic and fury.
- Events like pandemics are regular occurrences when it comes to humanity. Recovery always takes place.
- Quarantines. Despite the appearance of quarantines causes disturbance and is associated with plagues, wars, and deaths it is exactly the opposite. Their presence should keep you calm as they were built to provide additional care for patients and cut the disease from spreading.
- State of emergency. The fact that your government proclaimed emergency means that the problem is being approached with the highest level of seriosity which is another reason to remain calm.
- The vaccine is getting ready. There are thousands of labs across the globe that are actively attempting to discover a cure. At some point in time, like it was with ebola and sars, the achievement will take place.
- COVID-19 is “just another virus”, not the beginning of armageddon predicted by some prophecy. The group of words “just another virus” will be explained in the upcoming part of the article.
Coronavirus is Just Another Virus
Viruses are the most common biological entities on Earth. Experts believe that there are around 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of them. This tremendous number means that if they were all lined up they would stretch from one side of the galaxy to the other. We can put aside the funny metaphor and focus on numbers. This long sequence of zeros is what humans encounter in their everyday lives. COVID-19 is just another disease caused by one of all existing viruses. It is important to understand that the term “just” has no intention of inducing you to take the situation lightly. This virus can have fatal consequences and even the lowest statistics, when it comes to human lives and death rates, should be treated as highest because everyone is somebody’s loved one.
Additional Facts About Viruses and COVID-19
Viruses are infectious agents that can replicate only inside other living cells or organisms. Due to having this trait as the main feature, they are capable of infecting all types of life forms from the mere bacterias, through animals and plants up to human beings. It is debatable if viruses are alive or not since they can’t replicate without a host. Dead or alive, COVID-19 is the consequence of broad coronavirus family. Coronaviruses (CoV) are known for causing illness ranging from the common cold to severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Most Jeopardized Groups
Old people above 70 years, due to old age and weaker immune systems, are in the biggest danger of COVID-19. This estimate of the age limit has been lowered down to 60. People with diabetes or heart diseases are also in the groups of highly jeopardized. Kids, as well as young strong people, are pretty safe. However, they are unsafe when it comes to the spreading of diseases on jeopardized groups which is why they must be highly responsible in their behavior.
Pandemics We Have Defeated
As it was already stated, humans faced many pandemics throughout history. Sars, Hiv, Malaria, and Tuberculosis are only some of the diseases we have successfully defeated by stopping its striding towards uncontrolled expending. Let’s take malaria for example. In 2010, an estimated 219 million people worldwide were infected by the disease and 660,000 died. The number of deceased from malaria is triple when compared to the current number of people infected by the coronavirus. However, the focus of media, which is absolutely justified and right, made us feel like this is never before seen world crisis. Stay home, wash hands and keep safe because, besides your organism which will most likely defeat the disease if you get it, the vaccine is coming.
In the end, we are honored to present to you, the Facebook group intended to expand the Covid-19 anti-panic movement which will try to help you remain calm.